Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Wonderful World of Antibiotics

Antibiotics are really not a new thing to any person with cystic fibrosis. This is, however, the first time I've had to take them twice in one year, which is somewhat alarming. I spent all summer working out and toning my body up to make my lung function rise, and when it fell a few percentage points, I was concerned. I agreed to go on Zyvox and Cipro. I'm not quite sure if they've worked, and I still have a day left. I do know what they do to my body though. I've been tired, dragging my feet and napping a few hours a day. My appetite is definitely down, but I haven't had enough energy to work out, so I'm not sure if I've lost weight or gained.

The food restrictions are the worst, I think. No chocolate. Or dairy. Or coffee. Or bananas. I've been dying here bro. DYING.

Remind me that this is all worth it.

1 comment: