Saturday, September 26, 2009

Religion

Cystic fibrosis and religion. Religion is always a delicate subject under any circumstances, but I guess I've grown frustrated enough with constant facebook Bible quoting that it's sort of metastasized in this angry half rant.

I suppose I feel like I stand alone in being a cystic fibrosis patient that sees no need for religion in my life. I've tried to join groups, but I can't jive with people who seem to advocate prayer over exercise and taking caring of yourself.

Perhaps part of it comes from my, quite frankly, analytical nature. I have always been a firm believer in biological causes over supernatural ones, and I doubt that will change. It probably comes with the territory of being a zoology major.

Another factor could be my overall health- I look at myself and I see that I am in a much, much better position than others my age, and others older than myself. Hell, I'm better off than some people younger than me. I've only recently been upgraded to 'moderate' cystic fibrosis, and I've only gone to the hospital twice during my life time. I do IV treatments only when I need them- not in a regular, yearly schedule. My lung function isn't great, but that's due solely to me being lazy.

I suppose it all boils down to... where can I discuss the scientific aspects of this, without having a God come into play?

1 comment:

  1. No offense, but you complain more than anyone I've ever met in my entire life. One blog will say one thing that you wrote in which you clearly tried to make yourself look like a victim, and the next one will saying something that completely goes against it. For example: You ALWAYS complain about your CF (which, by the way, can't be that bad if you've only been in the hospital twice) and then you write a blog about the CF walk which will help you get healthier and simply say, "Oh, I'm not going because I'm too lazy to wake up. I'm always tired, woe is me." However, in the same post, you said you had a great time frog hunting.

    I have CF to, and by the sound of it, is worse than yours will ever even get. But you know what? I don't complain about it because I'm not, as you put you that you are, a "whiney bitch"

    Do us all a great favor and GET OVER IT

    ReplyDelete