Thursday, October 8, 2009

Considerably More Positive

So, I'm once again starting to eat healthier. I've been pretty good so far- lunch is the worst for me! I'm pretty picky, so if they don't have turkey meat for lunch, I can't have a sandwich, and I usually don't like the hot entree... so I typically have burgers and fries. But I try to balance it out with a healthy breakfast. Yogurt with some fresh granola and a power bar. Mmm. I also bought myself pears- delicious! And I try to at least have some salad for dinner, and eat healthier options to balance out the bad lunch. It's not great, but I'm getting there.

I also start with my personal trainer next week. I don't know how I'll fit it into my schedule, but I think I'll be able to manage somehow. I recognize the importance, so, to quote Zombieland, I will "nut up or shut up." I really want to bring my lung function up to where it used to be, and get in shape/tone up while doing it. I really like Jay, the trainer- I think she's going to make exercise finally enjoyable for me. And when she whups my ass into shape, I can move on to doing my own things, and it won't feel like such a drag.

I'm also trying to join the equestrian team. More for my mental sanity than anything else- horses are my 'therapy'. So... here's to trying to be positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment