Friday, October 16, 2009

Cystic Fibrosis Walk

This Saturday is the cystic fibrosis walk in Santa Barbara, CA! I... I honestly don't know where exactly and what time it starts. I just know my mom is going, and as I live in Santa Barbara, she's trying to convince me that I should sacrifice sleep to go. I feel like an awful person for not going, but I get up at seven AM 4-5 days a week, so the days where I can sleep past seven feel pretty precious to me. She may yet guilt me into it, but I don't think so.

But if you're in the area and actually read this blog, I encourage you to go and show support! I went on one a few years ago and it was actually quite fun, and the weather should be super nice tomorrow. Santa Barbara is a really nice place to live, and I'm so grateful to go to school here. I just breathe so much easier in the sea air- my doctors were so excited for me when they found out I got to go here.

Also, I suppose I'll finally get around to writing that letter for my mom's CF newsletter about life in college and cystic fibrosis. I think after I've survived one year of it, I'm getting a better perspective about managing time and treatments. The first couple of weeks are really hard, but now it's gotten to the point where I can manage and not feel like tugging out my hair. Actually, I've been pretty damn cheerful lately. Yesterday I went frog hunting, and while I garnered a few stares, I didn't much care.

No comments:

Post a Comment