Saturday, November 21, 2009

Epic Computer Failure

So my computer crashed pretty hardcore on Wednesday (right before I'm going to print out a rather important essay, of course). They initially thought it was a pretty simple problem, but I had to take it into the Apple Store none the less. I was getting stressed, because I have another rather large essay due on Monday I haven't even started that I intended to do Friday, the day of my appointment, but what can you do? My dad came down yesterday around eleven to help me deal with all this computer nonsense, since he knows slightly more than me about all this. It turned out to be very, very lucky he did.

I got into my appointment a little bit early- around noon. I left the appointment at seven.

... I have had better days.

In the end, it involved completely wiping my hard drive clean (I have an external, so the things I lost were mostly pretty minor), and reinstalling all my OS software. At least I got to upgrade to Snow Leopard? And at least... I don't know. I'm still far too tired and frazzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment