Sunday, November 15, 2009

So

"Is your ebola better yet?"

Haha, I love my friends. And yes, my 'ebola' is slowwwllly getting better, but I am still going to give myself plenty of pity. I fell off my bike and my knee is all gross now, waahhh.

Otherwise though, I'm fine. I need to stop taking so many naps though. They always leave me feeling a bit like.... out of it.

My congestion needs to clear up so I can start exercising as well. That and my tired-ness. Though I have to say, I'm not really complaining about missing too much.

I had a lovely day on State Street on Saturday. I went by myself and I initially thought I was going to be lonely, but it was such a perfect day, and being right on the water just makes me feel so good (well, I'm right on the water on campus as well, but I was literally on a dock on the water... And thus it feels different). The water was so clear that I could see crabs in water one or two feet deep by the pier. I wanted to run in and grab one, but I thought my cold might not forgive me for that (and I was wearing a dress that I would rather not get covered in sea water).

Onto other matters of me being lazy... I need to start eating healthy again. I made this huge resolution to do, and it failed after about a week. A week is a week longer than usual, but still. There's so much good food that just goes straight to the hips and I'm stuck in this place of 'you only live once' and 'you want to look good'. Meanwhile, my male friends just shovel down tons of food and lose weight. I'm not sure how that works but it isn't fair at all. At least I can eat a somewhat more high calorie diet than my female friends... Not that it seems to stop any of us.

I'm also starting to get the holiday fever. Slowly but surely. I normally don't get it until after Thanksgiving, but it's been blaring Christmas EVERYWHERE and it's just impossible to ignore, unless you never go on the internet, watch TV, or leave your room. Sadly, I like to do all three of those things, so I'm trying to get used to the idea of it being close to that time of year again. I love the holidays, I really do... Just not this early. Maybe it's because I live in Santa Barbara, and it's hard to feel the holiday spirit when you can see the ocean and the sun is out and the weather is nice. It feels like permanent vacation here, and I love it.

In news I'm nervous about... I'm sending an application to the Ben Barnes modeling agency. I seriously doubt I'll get it, but on the same token, I'm still hopeful. Is it foolish? should I even bother? I don't know. Ugh, I need to make a decision, stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment