Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Getting better

I'm finally getting over this cold. All things considered, it wasn't a particularly bad one, and I don't think it's going to lead to a flare up of my CF, so I'm really grateful. I'm a bit more junky than usual, and I have congestion in my nose, but I can already feel those getting better. I did miss getting exercise, so it's going to be interesting to try and make up for five days of lost hard work, but I feel pretty confident that I can whip myself back into shape (provided that it doesn't rain like the weather man is saying it will!). Getting sick is always a tricky situation for a CFer, and always one that can cause worry and requires monitoring. To that end, I've been at home and not at college these past few weekdays, so I've missed two days of work (today being a holiday). I'm going to have to catch upon that as well, but my teachers have been very understanding about it, and I can hopefully go and talk to them about any work I've missed and what I can do to make up for it.

I never talk about non-CF related things here, do I? Well, little known fact, but I am an avid bookworm. I'm a speed reader as well, so I have a tendency to devour books. This is a good and a bad thing. I tend to go through books way too fast- I've apparently spent around seventy bucks on books at Borders alone since the start of the school year! Our UCSB library doesn't have a great fiction section, so I really should join the Santa Barbara public library, if I can. I know I"ll be begging for gift certificates to book stores this year for the holidays, but I don't know if I can hold out until December. Ahh! I've been slowly rereading various things I have in my library in the hopes that I can stave off the cravings for new literature for a while. I've also got a ton of reading to do this year in my classes, which helps... Though it's all rather dry and tends to put me to sleep more often than not.

I also need to pick up my camera from repair. Hopefully this is the last time I'll need to send it in, but the Rebel is getting old, as far as cameras go. The metal frames used to last forever, but apparently Canon really doesn't care anymore. I look at the quality of photos that my camera used to take when I first got it versus the quality of photos it takes now, and there's a world of difference. The colors are much more dull, the focus isn't as sharp... And I don't think that's my fault. Asking for a new camera for Christmas is a huge thing though, so I know that's something I would have to save up for on my own. I'm also not entirely sure I would want to give canon my money again, but I have the two Canon lenses, so it doesn't really make much sense to go for something other than it... Oh well. I'm sure my camera angst bores just about everyone.

I'm also saving up for riding lessons and joining the riding team this year, though knowing me, I'll blow all my money soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment